Are you looking for a quick fix for your backyard? A number of people add cheap fencing to “complete” the look of a yard, only to find out they have a new problem every time the wind blows or the snow falls. If you are considering cheap fencing, here are some future things to consider related to your wallet and time:
- A cheap fence reduces the value of your home. If you only want to live in the home for a few years you might think a simple chain-link or wood fence can help to sell the home, but this isn’t the case. A cheap fence is not only an eyesore, it can reduce the value of the property overall. Lower-end fencing often appears shoddy and can make potential buyers think its cheap and you likely cut corners elsewhere with the home.
- Privacy fencing sells homes faster than cheap fencing. A high-quality, low-maintenance fence will compliment the home and blends in nicely with a well-maintained neighborhood. Someone driving by the home or looking at pictures online can be immediately turned off by a shoddy looking fence compared to a nice privacy fence.
- When the wind blows or the snow hits, cheap fences almost always fail. Cheap fencing almost always needs yearly upkeep and maintenance to it because it is flimsy and unable to understand a number of the harsh weather issues in Utah. Another downside to cheap fencing is quickly it starts to change colors when the weather hits. White vinyl can become yellow and wood becomes grey if both are made from cheap materials. High-quality, maintenance-free fencing will be able to withstand the weather problems and last for many years.
- Constant maintenance. Pine and other fencing will need yearly staining and sealing just to look nice. Wood fencing can be a pain to maintain, and it can be hard to repair and replace when you lose a board to warping and wear. If you do the work yourself, plan on spending several hours working on fence maintenance.
- Safety issues. Cheap fencing doesn’t do much for a homeowner if it is unable to keep out people and animals that you do not want in your yard. Cheap fencing can cause serious safety issues if you have cracks in the fence that could potentially harm someone. Leaning on a fence could cause it to fall over, increasing the risk of injury, and possible lawsuits if someone is injured on your property.
Choosing Maintenance Free Fencing
If you want to invest in a quality, maintenance-free fence, call Bronco Fence. We can match you with the right style of fence for your budget and your home needs. We use high-quality materials designed to last for many years, and we always use deep posts to help the fence withstand those high winds and heavy snowstorms in Utah. Contact Bronco Fence in Kaysville today for all your fencing needs!