Summer is here and you’re wondering what you can do with your backyard. In this article, we’ll provide you with some ideas for your backyard. We’ll specifically focus on pergolas and gazebos. We’ll go over ways to enhance and decorate your pergola or gazebo. We also show you that having a pergola or gazebo can be fun and a good choice for your backyard, regardless of the weather. Whether it’s summer and the heat is too much or fall with it’s cooler temperatures, we have ideas that can help you.
Pergolas and Gazebos: What’s the Difference?
Pergolas and Gazebos are both outdoor structures that are typically set up in a backyard or outdoors. Both structures provide shelter from the sun. Both also provide shade.
Here are some of the key differences between a gazebo and a pergola:
- A gazebo tends to have a more traditional look and feel. A pergola, however, tends to have a more modern look.
- A gazebo tends to have more details and is more elaborate. A pergola, as you’ve guessed, is less elaborate. It tends to have a more chic and sleek style. That is, a pergola is more simple.
- A gazebo tends to have a covered roof area, whereas many pergolas tends to have partial coverage. It’s important to note that you can find pergolas with full coverage from the sun.
8 Backyard Ideas for Your Pergola or Gazebo
If you think of gazebos or pergolas as simple or dominating structures, here are some ways that you can make purchasing a gazebo or pergola fun. The tips that we provide here will help you understand why pergolas and gazebos are so popular. That is, there’s a lot that you can do with them.
So, here are 8 ways that you can spice up your structure.
1. Consider getting patio furniture for seating in your structure
Because gazebos and pergolas are structures, placing patio furniture underneath them is a good idea. You’ll have seating and a table to place your items. You can also enhance your patio with a storage/deck chest.
2. Consider getting outdoor rug for your gazebo
To create a more elegant and classy look, consider putting an outdoor rug in your gazebo or pergola. This carpet can match with the color scheme of your structure and patio furniture. With an outdoor rug, you can also choose to add a pop of color.
3. Play with drapery and privacy
If you have a pergola or gazebo that comes with drapery, you can play with the colors of the drapery. You can also choose when to use the curtains and when you want to leave the structur open. There may be times when you want a view of your backyard or other times when privacy from your neighbors triumphs views.
4. Cover your gazebo or pergola with lights
As the sunsets, having lights around your gazebo or pergola can help you brighten up your backyard. Adding lights to your outdoor structure will also add some beauty and decor.
5. Add plants and flowers to your structure
Another option that you have to decorate your pergola or gazebo is to hang flowers from the structure. Hanging flowers or placing plants within the structure adds to its beauty. Incorporating flowers and plants will also benefit your mental health.
6. Invest in an outdoor patio heater for cooler weather
As we get closer to the fall, it’s important to consider the weather cooling down. If you’re one of those people who enjoys the autumn colors or the views that come with this season, then think about investing in a patio heater. Outdoor heaters are great for cooler seasons. Outdoor heaters are also great for when you’re entertaining guests and want to make sure that everyone feels comfortable.
7. Get a bird feeder for your pergola or gazebo
If you like birds like hummingbirds, you should consider getting a bird feeder hung up in your backyard. If you have a pergola or gazebo, you can hang the bird feeder on the structure. Getting a bird feeder will help you attract birds to your home.
8. Consider wind chimes for your structure
Wind chimes, like bird feeders, can be hung on pergolas or gazebos. If you like the sound of wind chimes, then this will help enhance your backyard.
Find the right gazebo or pergola with Bronco Fence
At Bronco Fence, we offer many different types of gazebos and pergolas. Contact us to find the right gazebo or pergola for your home.
By reaching out to us, we can:
- Find out what type of pergola or gazebo would work best for your backyard
- Help you figure out how you intend to use your gazebo or pergola
- Help you understand which gazebo or pergola would work best for certain decorations or accessories
Reach out to us for more information.